Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Back in the Saddle...

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!... Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, 12

Oh my goodness! It's been a crazy few weeks since I last blogged.  Between working on my Scentsy business, making cakes, caring for sick kiddos, and being sick myself my Made to Crave book got back burnered. So I'm officially back!

True confessions: I quit journaling my food for about two weeks. Result - thankfully, I didn't gain any weight back, but I also didn't lose anything. I guess that is just an affirmation that journaling really does help me with being accountable to myself - and in turn it shows on the scale. So today is day two of journaling again, and this morning it showed with about half a pound of loss from yesterday.

Getting back to the book - chapter four is about, what else but ACCOUNTABILITY! My last couple of weeks have shown that accountability is absolutely crucial for me!

When a friend experiences success with healthy food choices I can't help but to feel inspired and encouraged. I am one of those people that doesn't believe in any kind of "miracle diet" or "weight loss pills", etc. I know that surgery can work - but all it really does is jump start your weight loss. If you have surgery and fall back into your old eating habits, the weight will return. In my mind, the only thing that makes sense for true, long term weight loss is to change your lifestyle. That includes eating and activity level. So for me, when I have talked to one friend that has lost quite a bit of weight and kept it off for a couple of years now, I am very inspired. We have talked about changes she has made in her diet, foods that she avoids, and challenges that she still faces. When I talk to this friend - I feel very inspired because what she has done, while it's been a lot of hard work, is also absolutely within my reach. And it helped me figure out the areas that I could change first in my own diet to start my own life transformation.

I am also happy to be sharing this journey with my mom. I know that she has struggled with her weight her entire adult life - and it's a struggle I've watched and lived through with her. I think that if we continue to be accountable to each other as well that it will aid in both of us being successful with our weight loss.

In addition to the accountability measures I have taken with journaling, and also working on this with my mom - this blog has become accountability for me as well. I know that there are a few of you out there reading what I am writing, and some of you maybe even taking this journey with me. Knowing that you are waiting for my next post, and praying with me along the way definitely helps keep me motivated to keep going! So thank you my friends for that!

Most importantly, by reading this book and incorporating prayer and scripture into my weight loss journey, I am accountable to God. I really like the last part of the scripture that I wrote at the top of this blog - the part about a cord of three strands not being easily broken. If I look at myself as one strand, my mom and all of you as the second, and God as the third - there is no way I can fail!

Blessings to you!

2 comments: