Saturday, January 28, 2012

Just Checking In...

So I know it's been several days since my last post - and for those of you hanging on my every word (haha!) I didn't want to leave you hanging any longer. The reason I haven't posted is not because I've fallen off the wagon and don't want you to know about it. LOL! 

This past Monday I started attending a Made to Crave bible study, and in an effort to really focus myself on what we are doing with the group, I have gone back to the beginning of the book and am rereading the first chapters. Since my blog has been going chapter by chapter, we don't get to chapter four until next week...

For now I will share some of my struggles and victories with my journey thus far. Struggles - I have definitely caught myself feeling stressed out with the kids a few times, and as a result feeling like, "who cares? I am just going pick up Taco Bell for lunch and be done with it..." And I have even given in one time. But the little victory I found in that, is that because I have been eating better, and journaling my food, and really being accountable to the journal if sometimes nothing else - I got my taco bell, and was only able to eat half of my burrito - AND I journaled it and still didn't go over my allotted calories for the day.

Another challenge for me has been eating out in general. But the thing that has been really cool for me is that I have gone back to that first bible verse about everything being permissible, but not everything is beneficial. And what I have found is that on the days that I really work on limiting my simple carbs, and not eating fried or high fat foods, I definitely see the numbers on the scale drop more dramatically. But on the days that I allow myself to eat that cheese enchilada, refried beans and chips and salsa at the mexican restaurant but still keep myself within my calorie range for the day - I may not see the scale move as much, or even at all... But as long as it isn't moving up, then it is still a victory for me.

One thing I have really enjoyed is scouring Pinterest for yummy, low cal - low fat recipes. I made a salad yesterday with avocado, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and a tiny drizzle of olive oil. I scooped it into some romaine leaves and had a delicious meal for just over 200 calories... And the day before my lunch was a portabello mushroom cap with a little bit of chunky tomato sauce in it, with a sprinkle of 2% mozzarella cheese baked on it - a "pizza" for under 150 calories.  Good stuff!

So if you are waiting for the numbers... I try not to focus on that, but who am I kidding? That is where you can really "see" the progress, right? So as of my weigh in yesterday morning - I am down 12 pounds... So while for me right now, the biggest victory is the fact that I am three weeks into this and definitely feeling better and have been able to say no and avoid many daily temptations, and I'm still hanging in there... Another great victory is that I can fit into not only my "skinny" jeans, but also another pair of jeans that I thought I just wouldn't ever get back into. 

And I just want to give a shout out to a few people who have told me about some of their own personal struggles as a result of reading my blog. You know who you are, and I am so honored to know that reading about my journey has helped encourage you to start your own journeys or reinspired you to get back on track. I am praying for all of you as you face your daily temptations, and I hope that you will continue to keep me posted on your progress as well. It really inspires me to know that I have friends on this journey with  me.

God bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up, Girl! You are doing great! I look at every pound is a battle... and every one is a victory! Wars aren't won or lost overnight, but who can stay in the game!

    ReplyDelete